So I've spent some time putting together a change or two in this blogs' back-end. You shouldn't see much of a change from your perspective, apart from the hopefully obvious cosmetic update. In terms of functionaity, I now use
higlight.js instead of doing highlighting manually at article write-time. Secondly, tags in the archive section are now at the bottom of the page rather than at the top (And I reserve the right to move them around some more. Specifically, I'm considering a two-column layout). And thirdly, you can now follow the atom feed by a specific tag (The tag doesn't have to be
common-lisp, I'm just using that for illustrative purposes).
On the back-end, pretty much everything has been uprooted. As you'll hopefully be able to see in this repo. The new version is written in
go, and basically just serves up static
.md files transformed to HTML. I'm going to see what I can do about putting together a semi-smart caching system, and this seems like the easiest place to graft it.
This has been a while coming, and is one of the reasons I've been on the silent side lately. I was going to talk more about it now, but I've just realized what time it is, so I'm getting the fuck to bed. Further updates coming shortly.